5.12.2010

Taking lunch to work...

Yes, we are living back in Utah. Well, I never left and Eric is back and no, we are not sad we are no longer going to be living in Boynton Beach. More on that later.

Today I am going to share with you a getting ready for the day conversation with EMP.

EMP: What times are you going to be home today in case someone wants the couch?

Me: 11-2 and after 4:30.

EMP: (yelling as he walks to the kitchen and thinking about lunch...) I'm taking the pasties in to work!

I choked on my milk. Anyone who is from Wisconsin/Michigan knows what a pasty is. The wives of Cornish miners would make these hand held meat/potato/carrot pies for lunch. These tasty little morsels are so good William Shakespeare even wrote about them. In short, I'm from WI and was missing me some pasty from the Dodgeville Bakery. So, I made them for dinner last night:



The punchline translated:



Yet another save by Urban Dictionary and smile brought to you by EMP.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

You guys should check out "Elizabeths Bakery & Tea Shop" in Salt Lake sometime when you get the chance... They have pasties (good enough to meet Hannah's english scrutiny... although maybe not up to WI snuff...) and scones and many other delicious baked stuff.

(Evan)